Pick up location is is adjacent to the Ellijay Courthouse, behind the Ellijay Welcome center. See Map Here
All tours will leave by 12:10 pm sharp. Please try to be at the rendezvous spot by 11:30 am. You will need to show a valid ID as proof of age before departing.
Public Wine Tours
Public wine / apple trips are shared with other travelers. You will receive a complimentary lunch and wine tastings at all of the vineyards that we visit. Public wine trips will visit the listed vineyards below.
Monday – Thursday: $95 /person
Friday – Saturday: $109 /person
- Grapes and Ladders Winery
- Chateau Meichtry Vineyards
- Ott Farms and Vineyards
Private Wine Tours (Minimum of 7 Seats)
Private trips allow you to experience Wine Country on your terms with a customizable tour. You can choose three or four vineyards from the list below to visit. Then all you need to do is to spend the day touring your wineries of choice exclusively with your group. Throughout the day you will receive special one-on-one care and attention from your private guide and driver. You will receive a complimentary lunch and wine tastings at all of the vineyards that we visit.
Monday – Saturday: $109 /person
- Cartecay Vineyards
- Buckley Vineyards
- Chateau Meichtry
- Ott Farms and Vineyard
- Engelheim Vineyards
- Fainting Goat Vineyards
- Grapes and Ladders
- Bear Claw Vineyards
- Sharp Mountain Vineyards
- Chateau Meichtry Vineyards
- Canoe Vineyards
- Reece tasting room
*Some long-distance tours may require a fuel addendum.
Apple Tours (Minimum of 7 Seats)
Our Apple Tours visit the best Apple houses and orchards around Elljay:
BJ Reece orchards
Available 6 days a week – $99 /person
Please Note: Due to unforeseen events, i.e. Weddings, situational closures, itineraries are subject to change. Your guide will choose the best route and schedule to follow based on local weather, traffic and tourist volume. Winery visits are roughly 2.5 hours, but may be prolonged or shortened based on plurality of traveler responses. Wine trip itinerary changes are not eligible for a refund apart from our general refund policy.
- Wine Tastings
- Wine Store
- Live Music
- Vineyard Tours
- Country Gift Shops
- Hard Apple Cider
- Area's Best Food Trucks
Wine Tour Itinerary
1. We will arrive at approximately 12:30 pm at Grapes and Ladders Winery for lunch and and tour of the grounds. Grapes and Ladders has been open since September 2020, and are all the rage as one of the newest wineries around. They are open year-round and is operated by friendly owners who love to meet new people.
2. We will then depart from Grapes and Ladders Winery at approximately 2:00pm and make our way to Chateau Meichtry Vineyards, a family owned and operated winery and vineyard, located in north Georgia wine country. The vineyard lies in the beautiful foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.
3. At approximately 3:20 pm we will depart from Chateau Meichtry and head to Ott Farms and Vineyards. Ott Farms and Vineyard is located on 20 acres of some of North Georgia’s most beautiful mountain scenery. Ott Farms and Vineyards was built from the ground up by Mike Ott. After finding the property, clearing the land, planting plants, setting posts, running wire, hanging trellis systems, pruning, training, harvesting and making their own wine, Ott Farms and Vineyards is one of North Georgia’s most sought after local wines.
4. We will depart at approximately 5:15 and head back to town where we originally met in the courthouse parking lot where everyone will be dropped off. Those who were picked up will then be dropped off at their house.
*All times are estimates, parties can choose to stay longer at each destination.